#SBLII
It's official! Justin Timberlake is "bringing sexy back" to SuperBowl 52 after his SuperBowl performance 14 years ago. After his announcement on the Jimmy Fallon Show sparked a lot of both positive and negative activity on the internet.
A lot of his fans are very excited, including myself. Upon this news, the first thing I did was text my friends about how excited I was. Though not all of my friends are as big of fans, it got them excited too. The SuperBowl is a huge honor for many artists and provides a huge opportunity to reach new fans as the SuperBowl is one of the most viewed programs on television.
However, many people are not excited about Timberlake returning to the SuperBowl halftime stage. After he accidentally knocked off Janet Jackson's costume in 2004, many of Jackson's fans are tweeting with the hashtag #JusticeforJanet. Many people are angry that after Jackson was criticized for Timberlake's mistake, Timberlake is still asked back to perform at the SuperBowl.
Personally, I do not think these kind of tweets will affect Timberlake's public image that much. He is so respected in many people's eyes that I believe he will gain a majority of support, except for Janet Jackson fans. Ultimately, this opportunity is nothing but an opportunity to gain more exposure for Timberlake's new music.
Comments
Post a Comment