Out Now: Reputation
As of November 10th, Taylor Swift released her newest album "Reputation." With her new image and (ironically) new reputation, Swift's album has been a hit. However, when I first heard that Taylor Swift was withholding from allowing people to stream her music, I was utterly confused. My first thought was that if Swift let people stream, they would be more inclined to own her album because they already like it. Furthermore, people who may not be her direct fans would have easy access to it.
I was definitely wrong with this assumption. Within less than a week of the album release, it looks as though "Reputation" could become one of this years best selling albums. Though I thought Swift was crazy, she obviously had the right tactic. By withholding her album from everyone but those who own it, more people were inclined to purchase her music.
Swift got her fans excited for the album and to listen through her social media channel. She especially utilized instagram. Below are several examples of how she rallied her fans behind "Reputation":
Additionally, Swift has been marketing since the release of her album. She has been posting photos on photos of quotes from people who love her new album.
From these quotes, even I want to buy her new album, and I am not a Taylor Swift fan. While I will wait until the album is available to stream, it is apparent that Swift's team has a strong marketing tactic when it comes to selling albums.
I was definitely wrong with this assumption. Within less than a week of the album release, it looks as though "Reputation" could become one of this years best selling albums. Though I thought Swift was crazy, she obviously had the right tactic. By withholding her album from everyone but those who own it, more people were inclined to purchase her music.
Swift got her fans excited for the album and to listen through her social media channel. She especially utilized instagram. Below are several examples of how she rallied her fans behind "Reputation":
Additionally, Swift has been marketing since the release of her album. She has been posting photos on photos of quotes from people who love her new album.
From these quotes, even I want to buy her new album, and I am not a Taylor Swift fan. While I will wait until the album is available to stream, it is apparent that Swift's team has a strong marketing tactic when it comes to selling albums.






Comments
Post a Comment